Thursday, October 21, 2010

Koda the Dog









I never wanted
a Rottweiler.





















It was kind of an accident
how we got one.



It all started
with Sidney and Marshall -

Two cute boxer-lab mixes
we got from a nearby farm.

They grew up together
inseparable.

All was happy.





Until the night Sidney
got hit by a car
and killed.






Marshall
was inconsolable.

Her howling through the night
broke my heart.







She needed a friend.




So we went to the animal shelter
desperate to find her
a companion.






We checked
all the dog cages.

No dog seemed right.

Then KC said
- Mom, come look in the cat room





There, in a small cage, she had found
this little fluff of a puppy.





Bright-eyed, bouncy -
he was perfect!

-What breed is he, I asked.

-Rottweiler, said the worker.

My heart sank.



Rottweilers are mean!

One took down my friend Debbie
when she was biking.

My two vet friends confirmed my fears.

- Don't get him, they said.

- Find another puppy.





But my family
out-voted me.








We brought home
this little fluff ball
and named him Koda.







He grew...





...and grew.





Bigger every day
in size
and in our hearts.











Now we wouldn't have
any other dog...












Than our bouncing baby Rottweiler...






...Kodadog.




23 comments:

  1. ...he's just a puppy with a big heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww i fell in love with him as soon as i saw him in the cage beneath 3 very adorable kittens =P but you left out that you had to buy rottweilers for dummies before we took him home =D lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomas Steussy-WilliamsOctober 21, 2010 at 10:42 AM

    i would add "a big tongue" to comment one :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like Picture 10 and 11 right next to each other

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job here on _______ I read a lot of blog posts, but I never heard a topic like this. I Love this topic you made about the blogger's bucket list. Very resourceful. thedoggycrates.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merely a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw outstanding style. high anxiety dog crate

    ReplyDelete
  9. This design still had its shortcomings. The trainer still only had 3 levels of stimulation to choose from and the lowest level of stimulation was typically inappropriate for simple corrections. dog training collars reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the blog post buddy! Keep them coming... The dog law is changing

    ReplyDelete
  11. These items include, hoofs, intestines, bones, other items ground into a paste. If the main product is a vegetable, then it will be beneficial for your dog. homemade dog treat recipes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Types of Pet

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. dog thyroid medication too high

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences. Check it out

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight. Best Way to Get Cat Urine Out Of Carpet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. The Best Age to Neuter a Large Breed Dog

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight. Learn More

    ReplyDelete
  18. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. Learn more

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work What Can I Give My Dog to Increase Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. dog shock collar reviews

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. allaboutgsd.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Offering Comprehensive Digital Marketing Services To Businesses Looking To Improve Their Online Presence marketing companies Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete