Sunday, October 24, 2010

I love books!








Three things I love...

Biking

Blogging

Books




I can't go home today.

The real estate lady
is showing the house.






So I go to The Land -







The Little House -





....where I'm surrounded
by my books.






KC moved all my books here
when I returned from America.

So now when I need to visit old friends

or find just the right book
for my mood....






...I have to go to
The Little House.




I begin stacking my bookly friends.

Gardening books here...

Travel books there....






Oddly enough,
the Simplicity stack is the largest.


The cooking stack
is the shortest.
:)





I have my stack of Dummies books...

...including KC's favorite -

Rottweilers for Dummies.





In one book
I find an old
Halloween invitation.







The Steussy-Williams Halloween party
was famous in those days.




I need to find our copy
of The Halloween Tree.







I read that to the kids
at night

under the old Hickory Tree
by flashlight.

It's the best read-aloud book
in the world!




Mr Moundshroud.

Even his name opens your mouth
in lugubrious tones.




I remember so fondly
reading to the kids
every night
by candlelight.





When I retire
I've decided my job
should be reading to kids.



There's no place
I'd be happier.

1 comment:

  1. i loooooove books! and please keep that halloween invitation! awwww i miss our halloween parties! and i love the land in the fall!

    ReplyDelete