Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Winter Day at Jeffery Street






The Jeffery Street
house is covered
with snow.






Marshall
doesn't want
to come out
of her igloo.






The snow
on the front porch
shows
wing prints
from the night before.





I'm staying
in New Castle
tonight.





Working at the Hospital

Snow on the roads.

It's not worth the hour drive
to Brixton and back.




I can visit
the Cross-eyed Cat.

One of the few
local businesses left
since Walmart
came to town.





I peruse
their handmade
ornaments...






decorated
sleds...


















treats
for peoples...










...and treats
for dogs.




Would the kids
like
a Trojan candy bar?







They've grown
nostalgic
for old NC
since we moved
to Fishers.





I could visit
The Land...

but it's too cold
for me.








Home to
Jeffery Street

to feed
the birds...













They've been
waiting
for me....









...as have
the dogs.



















We explore
the back yard
together...








Marshall
looks
cold.







Koda
eats
snow.



I let them in
for a brief
warm-up.

They stare
at me
from the top
of the steps.





Marshall
just wants
to go to The Land.





In fact,
even when
Koda
goes back outside


like a good dog....








...Marshall
refuses to go.




So I turn
on the heater...


  ....settle down
to dinner...


...and
spend a wintry
evening
at Jeffery Street...






...with Marshall.


















.

3 comments:

  1. she is not a house dog! lol my rottie is such a good puppy and he loves the snow =D I do miss New Castle =( will be there today though =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. im glad she was able to stay instide with u. but poor Koda :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is your house on Jeffery for sale? Is it big enough for triplets? :) We've way outgrown ours.

    Shannon (Bev Matthew's daughter)

    ReplyDelete