Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, Nicky!






My
little
Nixter...




the
middle
of
the
sisters....




a
middle
of
the
four.











I
remember
like
it
was
yesterday...





when
you
came
home....





I remember
when
you were
no bigger
than a
shoe...






I remember
you
playing
in the
sand...






in
the
water....









sidewalk
chalk
on your
face...






clothes
your
Dad
might call
funky....










a
little
flirtatious....










a
little
bit
ornery...







such
a cute
little
girl....













You
grew up
overnight...












so
quickly
my head
spins...






one day -
a
little
girl...






the next -
a
lovely
young
woman.






I'm
proud
of
you,
Nicky...






how you
leapt
out of your
comfort
zone....







how
you
hurtled
into
independence.






but
I
still
think...










in
your
heart
of
hearts....









you
are
still...





my
little
Nixter.




No comments:

Post a Comment