Saturday, July 7, 2012

Biking around the Inn River






This
has been
a great
trip
so far.






Great
food!







Great
biking!





Wonderful
scenery!











But
for me
the
best thing
about
the trip...





has
been
TJ!







It's been
so much fun
biking
with
him...







exploring
with
him...







taking
random
pictures
of
Ralph
with him.





What a
wonderful
way
to get
to know
my
son!





But
today
he's
too fast
for
me.






I'm
taking
my
time...















and
taking
pictures...




















of
our
fellow
bikers...






and
the
beautiful
settings!


They're
all
so
photogenic!







But
I
get
behind....







and then
I'm
all
alone...





biking
along
the
Inn
River.





Alone
at
the
statue
of
lovers...





I
pause
for
a
snack....





and
contemplate
bright
leaves
in the dark
forest.





But look!

Here
comes
TJ!


He's biked
back
to join me!






Ralph
and
I
are
here
to help!







We'll
take
your
heavy
bag...















and
help you
catch up
with the
others...





just
in time
to
see...






the
towering
Maypole
tree!















We
cross...







the
Inn
River
into
Austria...


and
lovely town
of
Innsbrucke...









where

we

pause....





for
a spot
of
ice cream...




and
a
group
photo!








What
fun!






And
now
we
need
to
hurry...





back
up
the
River
Inn...







the
roads
are
steep...






and
it's
getting
hot...







but
we'll
cool
off....







at the
traditional
VBT
bikers'
picnic!








With
Jiri
as
the
cook...






we
have
wonderful
food...








traditional
drinks...





and
a
chance
to
relax.







Then
TJ
finds
a nearby
German
obstacle
course!






















Great
times,
huh?















TJ
is
exhausted...





but
we
still
have to
bike
back...





over
the
Inn
River
dam...




and back
to
the
Alstadt
hotel...









so
TJ
can
rest







and
I
can
explore!






I
shop
for
books....







and
food...

















and
I
people
watch....










I
love
to
people
watch!















Then
dinner
with
our
new
friends...







and
rest
at
last.



It's
been
a great
VBT
day...








biking
from
Germany
to
Austria...





but
the best
part of
the day
was...



biking
with
TJ!


No comments:

Post a Comment