Thursday, August 25, 2011

To Chile




Flying
alone
to
Chile...




My
little
girl




A
one
way
ticket!




And
no farm
yet commited
to taking on
my
organic farmer.




Yes,
I'm interrupting
my St Louis
adventure
for another good-bye.





Does it
seem
like we
good-bye
a lot?




It's part
of this
launching-
the-kids
process.





photo by My Fifth Quarter





Although
sometimes
it feels like
less of a
launch...





and
more
of a
dribble.






This is
our life
now...

Suitcases...






and
airports...






Preparations...







and 
the lack
thereof...

the 
last day 
home?




She 
develops
Peroneal
Tendinitis...


Ouch!




Last
minute
shoe
shopping...




No, Al.

:(


The
next
morning...





Al,
are you
ready
to go?

.




Am I
packing
too many
dresses?





You'll
be
farming,
Al!




But
I love
this
skirt!





Get in
the
car
now!




Small talk
on the way
to the
airport.



Is she
ready
to
go?

So far?

For so long?





Am I
ready
for her
to go?

We
don't know
when
she'll
return.




There
she
goes...













to
see
the
world -




my
little
girl...












1 comment: