Friday, August 26, 2011

The Land in August




The Land
is
so
beautiful
in
August.






The purple
season
bows
to
yellow.



A simple
walk
through the
grasses...


Brings
me
face
to
face...






with
the beauty
of
summer.






The flowers
are
beautiful,
yes...





But then,
so are
the
thistles...





the colors
of the
pokeweed
are
stunning...





Even the
lowly ragweed
throws elegant
arches
up into the
August
sky.







The yellow
flowers
bring
sunbright
to the
land...

and
the soft
grasses
flow
with
the wind.






My chest
thrums
with the
masses of bees
working
the prairie.













I enjoy
the
swallowtails








and
painted
ladies...






while scanning
the skies
for the
monarch
migration.





My
milkweeds
are
ready.




The pines
shine
with
streaks of silver






reminding
me
of the
silver shining
in my own
hair.




We are aging
together
the
summer
and
me.




and
we
look
forward...




to
the
beauty...





of
a
new
season...





yet
to
come


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog mom. One that you normally wouldn't get around to. Glad you did it. Now finish Missouri! Then Elvis!

    ReplyDelete