Wednesday, February 8, 2012

At the Indiana Statehouse






We
need
a
photographer...






So
says
the
Nature
Conservancy...







We've
seen
your
work...





and
we
know
you
believe...




in
land
conservation....




How
can
I
refuse?






After all,
It's
Conservation
Day....








at
the
Indiana
Statehouse.















I
arrive
early...






Many
members
of
the
House

not
home....





They're
battling
over
the
Right
to
Work...






they
tell
me
it's about
their right
to
organize...






to
protect
the
middle
class...











now
there's
an
endangered
species!







You know,
I love
con-
serva-
tion-
ists...













the
people
who
plant
trees...







battle
evil
plants...

















save
wildlife!








But
there's
something
about
the
passion...









of
the
Right
to
Work
battlers...







that
inspires
me!






I
love
seeing
people...






who
believe
in
something!






I
watch
the
conservation
awards....







thoughtful
prizes...





like
the
stump
of
a
hackberry....






I'm
proud
of
my own
congressman...












for his
efforts
for
Indiana
nature.








But
mostly
I'll
remember
the
Statehouse
today....







for
a
vision
of
democracy...









in
action!


















2 comments:

  1. I'm confused did they hire you to take photo's at the statehouse? and when was this?? I need more K pictures! Like the M pictures tho =)

    ReplyDelete