Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Bike Commute







Finally!














A day
in lycra!







Indiana
is finally 
warm
enough...











...and
light
enough...






...that I
can enjoy
biking
to work!







On with
the red
jacket!








Grab
the
backpack....









...and go!






Bits
of sunlight
peek
through the
cloudcover.












I dodge
the
puddles...






Fun
to see
the neighbors'
flowers....







...and
the sprouting
of
political
signs.







The buzz
through
New Castle
is gray...



...except
the blaring
red
of the
fire engine.







I hope
I don't
have
an autopsy
today.














Henry County
Hospital
waits
for me...





We ride
the elevator
up.

(is this
the only
elevator
in town?)



We used
the take
the stairs...


...till the
cleats
slipped
and we fell.






The
microscope
waits
for me...








...and
stacks
of
slides...






The more
purple
I see
the more
likely
it's cancer.




I keep
an eye
on the phone.

Hope
the coroner
doesn't call.






Helmet
waits for me
on the corner
of the desk.


Hours
pass.


Unbiked.






I'm thrilled
when the work
is done
and I can hit
the road!







Out
the
door!





It's brighter
now
in
downtown
NC!








The
reconstruction
is moving along
nicely...





I see
the Young Life
building
has been bought.

(It was
Kresge's
in my day.)





The good ol'
Courier Times
is still
here...







...and the
Castle Theater
is still
alive!







Dairy Queen
is busy!








Not so much
Family Video.

:(







Spring
flowers
everywhere!








Lots
of bikers
out!














Wanna
race?
















I'll get
behind
this
peloton!








I see
we finally
got rid
of those
yellow
railroad cars!






photo by the Wall Street Journal



Someone
tell the
Wall Street Journal!






Glad
to see
the
FUN Playground
is busy!






Proud
to have
my name
there!






Met a friendly
Rottweiler
at
the park...






Got chased
by a
not-so-friendly
brindle.







I'm glad
to get
home...











...to my
own
friendly
Koda!







I love
my bike
commute...







...through
my old
home
town!



1 comment:

  1. is fun going around new castle =) i'll have to come over there sometime next week =)

    ReplyDelete