Thursday, March 17, 2011

Biking Ireland









Luck
o' the Irish
to you!





On this
St Patrick's Day
I like to
remember
biking
The Green Isle.






You see,
when they
turn 16....






...they get
to choose
a special trip
with Mom.






Of course,
it must be
a bike trip!





Al started it.

At that time
it could be
any old trip.

photo by Backroads






But she
wanted
a bike trip
to
New Zealand!





photo by clipart.com





Well,
that didn't fit
the budget!






So she
had to settle
for a bike trip
to Tuscany.








After that,
I was
hooked!









Nicky
chose
France.








Oo-la-la!







And
KC
chose
Ireland!





Well,
actually,
KC chose
Egypt...

photo by cyclicious







...but
I couldn't
find
a good
bike trip
in Egypt.






So
Ireland
it was!







Land
of the
Leprechaun...





..of history
as old
as
civilization
itself...







...and
by the
way...






...a land
of
awesome
biking!






We
always go
with VBT.







Great
local
tour guides....







Charming
inns...













Wonderful
groups!





And when
you are
traveling
with a
teenager...




...the other
travelers
are
essential...







...to
give
you
 space...





These trips
gave us
great
shared
memories...





And KC and I
will
spend
our
St Patrick's Day...


remembering
Ireland.


4 comments:

  1. Those look like some troublesome teenagers to me...

    ASW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think you could adopt me & pretend that it's my 16th birthday? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd be surprised how many people ask me that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did remember our trip on St. Patricks day =) it was a great one! the countryside of ireland was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete